A Festival themed hen party is perfect if your bride is a music loving, soul hugging, flower wearing, facial gem kind of girl! It really is a great way to get people out of their comfort zones whether the sun is shining or not. We can’t say thinking of a festival doesn’t bare the thought of wellies, muck, & queuing for questionable toilets, with it being Ireland after all. However, lets reclaim & not let it dampen the festive spirits. For your Summer Hen Party think festival full of colour, music and cozy blankets. Whether it be your back garden or a boho hen party house you’ve rented for the weekend, we’ve got you covered with some tips to help you get started!
Image Credit: Cornish Tipis
Choose your Festival Theme
Coachella/ Chill Fest/ Boho
- Think Flower Crowns, music, dream catchers, ribbons, colours, balloons. You can find some Flower Crown Kits here on Amazon, or Etsy. Get to know each other while you hand make flower crowns to keep for the weekend ahead, showing your personality. Grab some rugs, pillows, cushions, blankets and tepees to set up around your garden for guests to mingle.
- For Food, opt for some healthy fuel enriched options such as fresh fruits, charcuterie boards, dips, raw veggies and bite size sandwiches.
- Alternatively, the fried food path would offer tacos, sausages, chicken wings, burgers, fries and onion rings. Plenty of sauces on hand.
Image Credit: Etsy
Coastal Charm/ Summer Fest / Shabby Chic
Think white sandy beaches, wind in your hair & sand between your toes.
- Grab your blue & white cushions, add a nautical thing or two to a picnic bench or cover a table with some shabby chich cloth. Add some sparkle with glitter, shells and some white, gold & blue balloons for an archway to paradise.
- Add some wicker furniture & neutral toned throws for the ultimate Coastal Charm feel.
Get some twine, seashells, sea life charms & personalise some jars. You could glue some shells onto glass or mirrored glass for a fab centrepiece.
- With a speaker, search Spotify for the ultimate Beach Vibes playlists, get your cocktails going and sit back and sip.
Image Credit: Coastal Picnic and Co
Ibiza Party / Hawaiian Tropics
If you crave a rave, turn your home or garden into a club or Hawaiian paradise and get ready to par-tay!
- Get familiar with some DIY and create the colourful ambiance of Ibiza with palm trees – you will find a tutorial on YouTube, DIY Palm Tree.
- Pair this with some Floral Banners, Tropical Party Set to decorate the party
- Improvise with what you already have at home and grab some curtains/sheets to drape across trees or pillars to create an entrance & light some candles.
- Create the Instagram frame with some cardboard and artificial flowers for your party selfies – some inspo over at Pinterest
- The Ultimate Ibiza Playlists are not to be forgotten over on Spotify
Image Credit: Ali Express